The 2nd hole at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Mystic Rock.
Mission Statement: To promote awareness, respect and understanding of course conditioning's overall importance to the game of golf. The Green Committee activities to achieve these objectives include but are not limited to:
- Information Programs
- Relationships with: USGA Green Section, Penn State University, Area golf course superintendent chapters, Golf course superintendents at WPGA Championship sites, Green committee chairs and course owners at Member Clubs, Pennsylvania Turfgrass Council, Turfgrass related industries
Local Golf Course Superintendents Association Chapters
- Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
- Greater Pittsburgh Golf Course Superintendents Association
- Northwestern Pennsylvania Golf Course Superintendents Association
- Mountain & Valley Golf Course Superintendents Association
Annually the Green Committee, on behalf of the Membership Committee, conducts a Greens Operations Study. The study is done in conjunction with area superintendents at WPGA Member Clubs. All Member Clubs are encouraged to submit a survey. Clubs are recognized for their participation but results of the questionnaire are kept anonymous and are reported in categories by overall club maintenance budget. All WPGA Member Clubs are welcome to the results of the study. Contact the WPGA office by email or phone (412-826-2180) to obtain a copy of the study.
Subscribe to the USGA Green Section Record